- Abstract submission begun on April 1st, 2019 and the submission for oral presentation is closed and the submission for poster presentation is still open with a deadline of July 15, 2019.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English electronically through the online submission form.
- Abstracts should include a title, authors, affiliations, up to 5 key words and an abstract body of no more than 250 words.
- You must choose a scientific session for your submission.
- Each participant may submit one abstract as a presenting author for an oral presentation, poster session, or either.
- Abstracts need to be approved by the Organizing Committee for presentation.
- Tables, graphics, figures and images cannot be included in the abstract.
- If the presenting author is a trainee, he/she is asked to include his/her training program (MSc, PhD or Posdoc) in order to be considered for travel awards. The Organizing Committee will also favorably include trainees for oral presentations.
- Once the abstract has been submitted, the presenting author will receive a confirmation e-mail with a submission reference number.
- If you have not received a confirmation e-mail concerning your abstract, please contact email@example.com.
- Authors are requested to follow the rules and guidelines strictly.
- Authors are solely responsible for the correctness and accuracy of the data submitted.
- The abstract decision will be released by e-mail.
Poster presentation guidelines
The presenting author will receive an e-mail confirming your acceptance for poster presentation, a poster number, and the schedule for your poster presentation. The Poster Committee will review and judge all posters and decide on Poster Awards.
Poster board size: The boards are 6 feet wide by 3 feet high, and they mount on poles that are 6 feet tall. They are double sided. Posters must be adhered to the boards with Velcro only which will be provided for you.
The competition will take place on Thursday, Sept 19th at 7:00pm to 10:00pm in the CIBC Hall. Poster boards will be set up at 3pm of the 19th. You may set your poster up on your board any time between 3:00 and 6:30pm.
Oral presentation guidelines
The presenting author will receive an e-mail confirming acceptance for oral presentation, presenting session, schedule for your oral presentation and specific guidelines for your presentation. Presenters will be given 12 minutes to present, and 3 minutes for Q&A.
A preview room (Rm 213) will be provided for testing your slides, with technical staff to assist for your oral presentation.
- Travel awards: $500 x 3
- Poster awards (6): 1st place – $300 x 1; 2nd place – $200 x 1; 3rd place – $100 x 3
- Personal award: $10,000 x 1
- Best oral presentation in the conference
- Promote zebrafish-based chemical biology & drug discovery
- Evaluated and selected by a special committee